As a bass player you're not going to be using chords in every song you play (and if you do, you might get the sack!)...
But still, learning how to play chords on the bass is an absolute must if you want to develop your musicianship.
As bass players, we outline the chords using linear lines... but how the heck are you going to be able to outline the chords if you don't know what they sound like?!
That's how important this skill is.
Can you guess what this lesson is all about yet? ;)
In this lesson you're going to learn all the bass chords you'll ever need... in less that 15 minutes.
And on top of that, to learn 'all the chords you'll ever need' you're only going to have to learn a handful of shapes.
- Today I’m going to be talking about the five most important chord types that you can learn on the bass.
- We’re going to take a major scale and see how every note in that scale has a chord attached to it.
- We’re going to look at closed and open position.
- And I’ll show you how to alter the chord type by changing just one note!
"I’m going to show you all of the shenanigans that you need to know in less than 10 minutes!”
“With each chord type there are two main shapes that you should be learning and the cool thing is they’re both really easy!”
“If you want to learn more about chords there’s a full course over at scottsbasslessons.com where I take you through every single step.”
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig these courses:
1. Playing Chords on Bass Guitar - The Definitive Guide
2. Contemporary Groove Techniques with Damian Erskine
3. The Ultimate Fretless Bass Survival Guide with Steve Lawson
4. Functional Theory for Bassists Vol 1
As always, see you in the shed...
PS. If you enjoy this lesson, make sure to check out my course "Playing chords on bass - the definitive guide"... there's over 5hrs of step by step content for you... in a nutshell, everything you'll ever need to learn about playing chords on bass... all in one place!