In this lesson I'm going to show you a super easy trick you can use to help you totally crush it on the 5 string bass...
If you're a 4 stringer who wants to make the leap...
Or you're already playing a 5 but hardly ever use the B string...
This lesson is going to get you utilising that B string more than you ever had before... it takes literally minutes to get this trick down... and because the whole thing is based on just 1 simple shape... it's EASY!
Ooo... and for fun, in this I also show you my "practice rig of doom"... you could almost put it in a backpack... and last week, I used it for a gig!
- I share a cool hack that will instantly give you more facility on a 5-string bass.
- I’ll also show you how to use your low B-string more effectively.
- We’re going to be using a simple pattern, so you won’t even have to think about the notes!
- You’ll get to see the SBL Groove Trainer in action.
- I also reveal my ultimate practice rig.
- And lots more!
“One of the biggest issues I see with many 5-string players is that they don’t utilise the entire instrument. They often play it like a 4-string bass and just use the B-string as a handy thumb rest.”
“To be able to use your B-string effectively you’ve got to be able to visualise where the root notes are. Then it’s just a case of building a simple box pattern around that”
“If you’re primarily a 4-string player, this video is going to help you to utilise that low B-string straight off the bat. You’ll sound like you’ve been playing a 5-string bass for years!”
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig these courses:
1. Chord Tone Concepts with Phil Mann: Volume 1
2. Chord Tone Concepts with Phil Mann: Volume 2
3. The Groove Formula
4. Advancing the Groove with Rich Brown
As always, see you in the shed...