So I'm over in NYC today, hanging in the studio with a VERY special guest.
- He studied with Jaco
- He toured with Jaco
- He was voted "bass player of the year" by Bass Player magazine
- He was the guy who pioneered the electric bass as a solo instrument
Oh, and he uses one of the most sophisticated slap bass techniques you'll have EVER seen...
In fact, simply calling it "slap bass" is the understatement of the year.
In this video you're going to come along with me to NYC where I've been lucky enough to get him in the studio for an entire day (whoop!)...
In this lesson you're going to learn:
- How to approach slap bass in a completely new way
- How to approach the bass as a percussive instrument
- Different approaches of arranging for solo bass
- You're going to see a "rolling capo" being used on bass
- And... you're gonna have ya mind blown!
Ready to guess who I'm in the studio with today?!
As always, see you in the shed...