So this is an exciting lesson...
As this is the first time an upright bass has made an appearance on SBL!
Now you might jump to the conclusion: upright = jazz, right?
In this lesson we're talking about funk... with a capital F!
If you're serious about getting your funk playing together, then this lesson is for you...
- In this lesson Chris Minh Doky demonstrates his awesome approach to playing funky basslines.
- You’ll see how he puts an edge on the front of each note.
- How he focuses on anchors within the music.
- The importance of being the foundation with the drums.
- And how to solo using the same approach.
- You’ll also see a complete performance from Chris on a track called The Dapper King.
“To me, when you play a funky bass line you need to be more with the bass drum and play with more front end on the note.”
“I picked this up from Verdine White of Earth Wind and Fire. You have no doubt that daddy’s home when he puts down the downbeat! To me that’s the essence of being funky.”
“There’s so much that can be absorbed from this lesson, so please don't miss out on this. It's a game changer!”
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig these courses:
1. Jazz Standards for Bass: Essential Tips, Tricks and Techniques with Chris Minh Doky
2. The Groove Formula
3. Essential Groove Techniques
4. A Masterclass in Time and Groove Development
As always, see you in the shed...
PS. If you enjoy this lesson... I urge you to check out the full course over in the ScottsBassLessons membership... it's amazing... I've been checking it out all week.
If you're not a member... you know what to do! ;)