In this lesson I'm going to show you how to learn your scales 10x faster...
In fact, I'm going to show you 5 specific tricks to help you start visualising your scales over the entire neck - in an easy and systematic way.
Now, don't get me wrong... I know you might be thinking "scales... boring!"... but bare with me...
When it comes to understanding harmony in a much deeper way they're a HUGE piece of the puzzle, and if you ignore that, you're doing your bass playing and musicianship a crazy disservice.
Plus... if you learn them and start using them in the correct way (which I'm going to show you how to in this new lesson!)...
They can be transformative!
- Five cool tricks to help you learn your scales way faster
- How to play a C Major scale over the entire neck (and on just one string)
- Why Billy Sheehan is one of the most original bass players on the planet
- How to get more mileage from just three scale shapes
- And much more...
"The reason I wanted to put this video together is because I’ve been geeking out on Billy Sheehan. Man, that guy is an alien! His technique is just crazy and his fluidity across the neck is second to none."
"I thought it would be fun to put some exercises together to help you guys learn your scales, not only ten times faster, but in a much deeper and more useful way."
"There’s no point going up and down these scales if you can’t hear any underlying harmony. Train your ears to recognise a sound with a certain pattern, otherwise it’s just a random bunch of notes that has no meaning."
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig these courses:
1. Harmonic Layering with Scott Devine
2. Mastering the modes with Rich Brown
3. Functional Theory for Bassists Volume 1 with Phil Mann
4. Functional Theory for Bassists Volume 2 with Phil Mann
As always, see you in the shed...