So this lesson is gonna be a bit different...
Because I've got Henrik Linder (the amazzzzing bassist of Dirty Loops) in the hot seat with me.
Now, you've likely heard Henrik and Dirty Loops before... because they're MASSIVE and created a global phenomenon of jazz fusion bands recreating pop songs, in a super cool way.
And, if you have heard him play before, you'll already know that Henrik has blazing slap bass chops!
In this lesson you're going to hear him break down his exact approach to slap bass...
And look out for the "double thumb / double finger" thing he does... it's insane!
Don't worry though... I do get him to slow it down for ya, lol ;)
- In this video I talk to Henrik Linder of Dirty Loops about his awesome slap technique.
- You’ll be able to watch as we breakdown his technique.
- Find out how he uses the open strings.
- Why he might use a 'double pluck' instead of a 'double thumb'.
- How he’s modified his bass to accommodate that.
- And much more!
“We got the chance to fly Henrik Linder over to London and pick his brains about his slap technique, the double thumb thing and all of those cool shenanigans.”
“What I’m going to do is hook you guys up right now so you can check it out.”
“If you dig this lesson then head on over to scottsbasslessons.com and check out the full thing!”
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig these courses:
1. Slap Bass Fundamentals With Phil Mann: Volume 1
2. Essential Slap Bass Rudiments with Phil Mann: Volume 2
3. Progressive Groove Techniques for the Modern Bass Player With Steve Jenkins
4. Technique Deep Dive for Bass
As always, see you in the shed...
PS. If you're an academy member here at SBL... you already have access to the entire class with Henrik which includes 3 exclusive live performances with Henrik's trio... so once you've checked out this lesson, login to the membership here and check out the rest... it's pretty mind-blowing stuff!
If you're not a member yet... you know what to do! Grab your 14 day free trial here today and get started.