In this lesson I'm going to show you a bass lick...
But, it's WAY more than that.
When you learn this ridiculously cool bass lick you'll also learn how to insert and use a very special note into your descending bass fills and runs to give them a super hip chromatic sound...
It's the same kinda sound you'll have heard me use hundreds if not thousands of times before... and you've probably wondered how I'm getting that vibe.
Well, this is how.
And yes... it's just one note!
- I’m going to show you a ridiculously cool bass lick!
- We’re going to get to grips with the science behind the line.
- Find out why landing on a harmonically strong beat at the correct time in the measure is super important.
- And how to add a new chromatic vibe to your bass playing.
- All with the help of a ‘magic note’ that I just couldn’t live without.
"The reason I want to show you this lick is that it utilizes a super special note. It’s a note I use all the time, but so many people miss out on the opportunity."
"If you look at jazz players in the 50s they started using bebop scales for the exact same reason, so they could hit the right note at the right time within the measure."
"So let’s break this down into bite size chunks so you’ve got a chance of digesting the lick and getting it under your fingers."
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig these courses:
1. Harmonic Layering with Scott Devine
2. Mastering the Modes with Rich Brown
3. The Groove Formula
4. Advancing the Groove with Rich Brown
As always, see you in the shed...