In this lesson we're talking TONE.
And no... I'm not going to be talking about how "the tone is all in your hands".
Instead I'm going to break down the 7 specific things that make up your bass tone - exactly what they are, and the differences between them.
Knowing these 7 bass tone essentials is going to help you understand:
- Exactly how to dial in the tone you want.
- Why you might not be happy with your current tone (and what to do about it).
- What things you'll need to bear in mind when purchasing your next bass.
- And way more...
- In this lesson I reveal my top tips for reaching tonal nirvana!
- Find out how to instantly fine-tune your bass tone.
- Why an active circuit won’t solve all your problems.
- How you can get a punchier sound with smaller speakers.
- And why 99% of pro bass players set their EQ flat.
“In this video I’m going to walk you through the key steps that make up your tone as a bass player.”
“It’s not just your amp and it’s not just your bass, there are actually seven really crucial things that are going to give you a specific tone.”
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig this content:
1. Bass Recording Masterclass with Warren Huart
2. The Essential Bass Maintenance & Set-up Guide
3. Bass Guitar Foundations - The Definitive Guide
4. Session Musician Secrets With Sean Hurley
As always, see you in the shed...