In this lesson I’m going to share the top 4 bass technique myths… and why no number 5?!… well, I’ll tell you why in the lesson ;)
And before you think "oh, bass technique means playing fast"... it doesn't!
Your technique affects EVERYTHING you do on the bass...
Your groove, your dynamic range, your ability to play fills and runs, your muting... and way more.
Having “good technique” is absolutely critical to your development as a bass player, but with that said… there are certain technique myths that you’re going to want to IGNORE.
- Today’s lesson is all about improving your technique.
- I’m going to reveal 4 specific bass technique myths.
- Explain why bad technique also equals bad groove.
- And why it’s not all about being able to play fast.
- Plus find out how you can enroll in my brand-new 26-week accelerator program.
“If youre technique isn’t up-to-scratch then it’s going to get in the way of your groove.”
“Great technique isn’t about playing fast, but great technique will give you the ability to play fast. Those are two wildly different things.”
“Getting good technique isn’t hard, but it’s a process that takes dedication.”
If you enjoy this lesson, you'll really dig these courses:
1. Bass Guitar Foundations - The Definitive Guide
2. Technique Deep Dive for Bass
3. Advanced Palm Muting Techniques
4. Progressive Groove Techniques for the Modern Bass Player with Steve Jenkins
As always, see you in the shed...