About This Episode
In our 100th episode of the SBL podcast we find out what makes one of the UK’s most revered rhythm sections tick.
Warrior Charge is bassist Wayne Nunes and drummer Perry Melius who have been working together as a rhythm section and as producers for over twenty years. The talented duo have written, recorded, produced and remixed tracks for the likes of Tricky, Nick Rhodes, Billy Ocean, Rico, Amy Coco, Ghetto Priest and Mobo Award finalists, Kola, not forgetting the movie Bad Company, with Chris Rock and Anthony Hopkins. “Music is a painting and it represents two people throwing colours at a canvas and only showing the pieces we like,” says Wayne. Let’s get into it!
In this episode you're going to learn:
- How Wayne developed his rhythm section partnership with Perry Melius.
- Wayne’s top tips for success in the music business.
- All about Wayne and Perry’s solo project, Warrior Charge.
- Why he sometimes likes to step out of his comfort zone.
- And much, much more…
Listen to Wayne in Action:
What To Do Next
As you can probably tell... I'm so excited to release this to you! Give it a listen and then, and if you’re up for it, leave the show a review in iTunes…
… It costs nothing, and it’d mean the world to me because it helps other bass players who are interested in listening and learning from some of the best players in the world to find the show and start making progress.
To keep up to date on all of the upcoming episodes, you can also subscribe!
- Click here to subscribe on iTunes
- Click here to subscribe on Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe on Soundcloud
Thanks so much for listening. I’m committed to serving you guys… and as always, see you in the shed!