Learning how to play walking bass lines was the most important skill I ever worked on in terms of talking my bass playing to the next level. Period.
- It helped me understand and use arpeggios in a practical and musical way (i.e. NOT just running aimlessly up and down 2 octave arpeggios
- It helped me understand harmony upon the fingerboard in a much deeper way
- It VASTLY improved my visualisation of arpeggios and scales
- It took my understanding and skills of creating bass lines and grooves to a completely different level
- And WAY more... much more than I could ever write here.
In fact, if you were to ask me what the '1 thing' is, that you could practice and would make the biggest difference to your understanding of the fretboard and how to navigate around it with ease... it would be walking bass lines. As a learning tool, they're that powerful.
So... I thought this would be fun...
In this lesson I'm going to teach you how to play walking bass lines... in less than 10 minutes...
Yep... less than 10 minutes!
Now... are you ready for the challenge?
As always, see you in the shed...
PS. If you enjoy this lesson, make sure you check out my 4+ hour "Beginning Jazz Survival Guide" here in the SBL course library.